Saturday, April 10, 2021

Conflict

Internal and External Conflict

 

There are 2 types of conflict: Internal and External. External Conflict is where one person is against something or someone else(Character Vs. Character, Character Vs. Nature, and Character Vs. Society). Internal Conflict is within the character, who is against himself because he is struggling to make decisions and is not sure what to do(Character Vs. Self). 

In the Pixar movie, Cars 2, Lightning McQueen and Mater are best friends ever since McQueen had arrived in Radiator Springs in the first Cars movie. However, their friendship temporarily comes to a close when McQueen has a race and Mater unintentionally messes it up for him and makes McQueen lose the race. As a result, the 2 of them break their friendship apart. What does this have to do with Conflict? Well, the Conflict between McQueen and Mater is External Conflict. Specifically, Character Vs. Character.

I had an Internal conflict myself. When I was 6 years old, I, along with my family, were in the stage of moving to a new house, since our old one was becoming outdated. The rest of my family was excited to move. All...except me. I had mixed feeling on the matter. On one hand, I was nervous about moving to a new house. But on the other hand, I felt good about moving, as I would get to meet new people. Eventually, when we went to the new house, My feeling rose up as I had never seen something like this before.


No comments: